Holiday Recipe Wednesday 2 for 1
Hope you have been enjoying your hump day! We are a few days into December and well into the holiday season. For many of us, many hours are spent in the kitchen preparing meals or snacks for yet another party. So to make things a little easier, today we are featuring not 1 but 2 delicious, heart-healthy recipes - BBQ Chicken Pizza Roll Up and Eggnog Mousse.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Roll Up
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ¼ cup honey bbq sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ minced cilantro
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll curst into a 12x9 in rectangle; brush with bbq sauce. Layer with cheese, chicken, onion, cilantro and Italian seasoning.
2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side
down on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray.
3. Beat egg white and water; brush over top. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool before slicing.
Per Slice: 81 calories, 2g fat, 9g carb, 6g protein
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups reduced fat eggnog
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/9 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup reduced fat whipped topping, divided
1. In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over eggnog: let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.
2. Beat mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in ¾ cup whipped topping. Divide into 4 dessert
serving dishes and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle
with additional nutmeg if desired.
1 serving (3/4 cup): 165 Calories; 6g Fat; 21g Carb; 7g Protein