8 (Mostly) Free Resources To Boost Your Health
Just as our parents taught us that it is better to give than to receive, hospitals also subscribe to this theory. At Gwinnett Medical Center we have as our mission to provide quality health services to our community. In addition to the care we give within our walls every day, we also reach out to the community with programs and services.
As 2013 becomes 2014, let us help you with your New Year’s resolutions. Use these (mostly) free resources from Gwinnett Medical Center to take charge of your health.
- Gwinnett Medical Center’s website: educational information about health issues, procedures, surgery and rehab. FREE
- Vim & Vigor magazine: a quarterly magazine that is sent to more than 40,000 homes and offices in the region, as well as available to read online. FREE
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest: Follow us to keep up with the latest health information, community events, news and contests. FREE
- Health and wellness events for the community. If you’d like to be added to the invitation list for these, please call 678-312-4333. FREE
- Speakers’ Bureau – physicians and clinicians are available to speak on a variety of topics to groups. For more information call 678-312-6018. FREE
- Prime Time Health – provides information, classes and a network of services for adults age 50 and older. Membership is FREE, the classes may have fees.
- Support Groups– Women’s Cancer Support Group, Stroke Support Group, Amputee Support Group, etc. FREE
- Classes and events – from sibling classes for toddlers to Tai Chi for seniors, there are classes for every stage of life. Most have a small fee. (Visit gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/classes to browse listings and sign up)