Foodie Friday: Easy Artichoke Soup
In a recent post about superfoods you can find in your grocery store, one of those superstars was artichokes, named a top antioxidant vegetables. If you’re not sure what to do with them beyond putting a few artichoke hearts on pizza, here’s a delicious and healthy soup, just perfect for these breezy spring days.
Easy Artichoke Soup
Go beyond steamed artichokes with this simple-to-make soup, which is luxuriously creamy even though it’s dairy-free.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 12-oz. russet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 garlic cloves, sliced
4 c. reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 8-oz. packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan or a small stockpot over medium-high heat, warm olive oil.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add potato and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
4. Add broth and artichokes. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add dill and parsley and purée in a blender or a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.
Nutritional information per -serving: 108 calories, 3.9 g fat,
4.6 g protein, 15.6 g carbohydrates, 312 mg sodium, 3.4 g dietary fiber
For more easy and healthy recipes, browse our boards at pinterest.com/gwinnetmedical.