Foodie Friday: Pirate Booty Recipe For Talk Like A Pirate Day
Ahoy, matey! 'Tis nearly Talk Like a Pirate Day! So don your eyepatch, put a toy parrot on your shoulder and whip up a batch of healthy pirate booty for your crew to snack on.
The guidelines below are just that – guidelines. Use your imagination to mix up a snack your kids will love.
Pirate Booty Recipe
Combine any or all of the ingredients, below, and tell as silly a story as you’d like!
· Chex cereal – the grid pattern is like the woven sails on the pirates’ ships
· Pretzel sticks – pirate peg legs
· Goldfish crackers – Where do fish live? Where do pirates sail? Right! The sea!
· Raisins or dried cranberries – dried fruit for the long voyage
· Puffed wheat cereal – like the gold nuggets the pirates were after
· Sunflower seeds – the pirates’ parrot’s favorite food
· Cheerios – the shape of the pirate ship’s life preserver rings
· Chocolate or butterscotch chips –because Captain Mom likes them!
Serve in a treasure box!
For more kid-friendly, tasty recipes, browse our boards on Pinterest.