What To Take To The Dentist
Seniors need to see a dentist regularly for a checkup and cleaning. And it's a good idea to bring some information to share with your dentist.
The American Dental Association advises that you bring:
- A written list of your over-the-counter and prescription medications, supplements, herbs and vitamins.
- A complete list of allergies and other medical conditions.
- The names and contact information of all of your health care providers.
- Information for an emergency contact, in case of a serious medical problem.
- Insurance cards for any dental plan or Medicare.
- Any partials or dentures, even if you don't normally wear them.
Think you're up to speed on what it takes for healthy teeth? Take our online quiz, "Brushing Up on Health Teeth" and find out.