Put Your Best Foot Forward
According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, most Americans will log 75,000 miles on their feet by the time they reach age 50.
But did you know that your feet are at risk for injury more than any other part of your body? We put tremendous pressure on our feet and take thousands of steps every day. So, if you’re not wearing a good-fitting pair of shoes, you may be walking into some unneeded pain. Keep these shoe-buying tips in mind before footing the bill for your next pair:
- Avoid shoes that pinch or squeeze any part of your feet.
- Don’t always rely on sizes. Most shoes fit differently.
- Try on shoes with both feet because many people’s feet aren’t the same size.
- Try on shoes later in the day. Feet swell a little as the day goes on.
- Shoes shouldn’t need a break-in period. They should be comfortable right away.
How GMC Can Help
If your feet need a check-up, find the perfect physician for you at gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/physician.