We encourage dialogue and comments, even if you disagree with us. Please remember that, in compliance with federal HIPAA guidelines and applicable state regulations, we cannot give specific medical advice based on the content of your post. Comments will be reviewed before posting, however, and a basic level of civility and mutual respect is expected. The use of profanity or abusive language will not be tolerated.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Transforming Healthcare, you give GMC the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by GMC in its sole discretion.
- Post medical information about yourself or anyone else.
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment — you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post anything that is threatening or slanderous.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog upon any breach of these terms and conditions. GMC may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Use your email address to contact you directly for more information, or to provide you in how to contact us for more help. We will not sell or divulge your contact information to any other organizations unless required by law.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Gwinnett Medical Center, its affiliates, employees and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on the GMC-sponsored sites.